Next up in the Children’s Kitchen recipe series is this delicious Asian Chicken Macaroni Soup.
- 2 chicken legs
- 300g macaroni
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 spring onions
1. Cook macaroni according to packet instructions and set to one side.
2. Fry the shallots separately until golden brown and crispy and set to one side.
3. Peel and chop all the vegetables, mincing the garlic.
4. Heat a large pan over medium high heat and add the oil.
5. Stir fry the onion & garlic until soft. Add the other vegetables and continue to stir fry for 5- 6 minutes
6. Add boiled water (1 litre)
7. Add chicken, cover and bring to boil
8. Lower the heat and simmer it all for 10-15 minutes
9. Turn off the heat.
10. Take the chicken out, remove the skin and discard, take the meat off the bone and put to one side.
11. Add the macaroni to the pot, season the broth with soy and fish sauces and serve in bowls with chicken shredded on top.