Break the Cycle is our largest annual fundraiser and usually sees upwards of 250 participants saddle up and cycle their way through Greater Bristol in the name of charity. This year’s virtual event will be very different but your help is needed more than ever.
All individual donations and entry fees are donated to the Bristol Bears Community Foundation to support their work.
About the Bears Foundation
The official charity of the Bristol Bears, the clubs award-winning foundation delivers programmes that are proven to change the lives of people across the Greater Bristol region and works with over 8,000 people from the local community every year, many of which are people from high deprivation areas.
Using the power of sport the Bristol Bears Community Foundation aims to inspire every young and older person it works with, helping them to unlock their potential. The charity benefits tremendously from its well-established relationship with the club, with its staff and players providing a superb vehicle for club and community engagement, contributing to the club’s vision to ‘inspire the community through rugby success.’
Once you have entered Break the Cycle you can then fundraise even more money for your chosen Bristol Sport charitable foundation. To do this simply register on the event page and select from:
· Bristol Bears Community Foundation
· Bristol City Robins Foundation
· Bristol Flyers Community dept via the Bristol Sport Foundation
About the Robins Foundation
As the official charity of Bristol City Football Club, Bristol City Robins Foundation utilise the inspirational power of football to build relationships with hard to reach young people across Bristol. A comprehensive education programme combined with traditional sports delivery helps to engage with and improve the lives of people in and around Bristol.
About the Flyers Community Department
The Bristol Flyers Community programme is part of the Bristol Sport Foundation (BSF) which promotes, funds and develops sport-based community programming to bring the wonderful sport of basketball to the Greater Bristol Communities. Through programmes such as the Bristol Flyers Basketball Development Hubs, Basketball Centre and Holiday Camps, the programme uses Basketball as the tool to directly benefit those in most need throughout Greater Bristol.
A reminder on how to get involved
With the covid-19 pandemic further evidencing the societal issues inherent in our city, Break the Cycle 2021 could be our most important ever.
To get involved in Break the Cycle 2021 and support the life changing work delivered by the Bristol Bears Community Foundation; simply follow these five steps…
1. Choose your challenge – Whether you’ve just started to cycle or are a seasoned cyclist set yourself a challenge
2. Get cycling – Your favourite local route, at home on a static bike, out with your family… whenever you like, it’s up to you!
3. Donate £5 – to our Break The Cycle fundraising campaign to raise vital funds for the Bristol Bears Community Foundation – DONATE NOW
4. Tune in – Join us for the live streamed event on Sunday, June 27th to celebrate your involvement
5. And relax – Kick back, put your feet up and think about all the life changing work you have supported