Peter Gibbons of Valued Bristol Sport Foundation Nascence partner Sprague-Gibbons is saddling up to raise funds for Bristol Sport Foundation and Frank Water, for whom he is an ambassador, as part of Break the Cycle 2021.
Keen cyclist Peter, along with ex-Olympic cyclist and friend Oli Beckingsale, will be setting off from Bristol on his road bike to cycle 210 miles in a single day – that’s a whopping 338km!
The epic route starts at Abbots Leigh and heads south via Weston, Bridgwater, Bruton, Frome and then back north to Melksham, Malmesbury, Stroud, Gloucester then turning south at Over to Quedgeley, Cinderford, St Briavels, Tintern, Chepstow and finally back to Bristol – it’s the equivalent of cycling from Bristol to Leeds but with c10,000 ft of ascent!
Peter and Oli are looking to raise £3,000 from this ride to help support the vital, life-changing work of both charities. If you are able to donate then please visit his fundraising page.
Break the Cycle is Bristol Sport Foundation’s biggest annual fundraiser. Grab your bike and use your pedal power to raise vital funds for Bristol Bears Community Foundation or your nominated charity from the Bristol Sport Group.
To get involved follow these five simple steps:
1. Choose your challenge – Whether you’ve just started to cycle or are a seasoned cyclist set yourself a challenge
2. Get cycling – Your favourite local route, at home on a static bike, out with your family… whenever you like, it’s up to you!
3. Donate a minimum of £5 – to our Break the Cycle fundraising campaign to raise vital funds for the Bristol Bears Community Foundation – DONATE NOW
4. Tune in – Join us for the live streamed event on Sunday, June 27th to celebrate your involvement
5. And relax – Kick back, put your feet up and think about all the life changing work you have supported