Don’t forget to upload your finished recipe using the ‘Over to You’ section of the app!
• 8 chicken drumsticks or thighs
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
• 400g hard vegetables of your choice, e.g. new potatoes, sweet potatoes, peppers, squash, carrots or parsnips
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 tsp each of paprika, cumin and turmeric
• Pinch of salt and pepper
• Half a lemon (remove the seeds)
What to do:
Preheat the oven to 200c gas mark 6
• Chop the vegetables into chunks the same size as the onion wedges.
• Place all the ingredients, except the lemon, into a large roasting tin and mix everything around with a metal spoon so that everything is coated in oil
and spices. (Make sure you wash the spoon as it will have raw chicken on it!) Put the half lemon in the middle of the tray, cut side facing up.
• Place the tray into the oven and bake for 30 minutes
• Remove the tray from the oven carefully and turn everything over with a metal spoon-squash the lemon with the back of the spoon so that the juices come out.
• Return to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes until the chicken skin is crispy. You can eat this as a main course on its own or serve it with rice, pasta, or salad. You can also add a handful of quick cooking vegetables and add them to the tin when you return it to the oven for the last 15 minutes; courgette, cherry tomatoes or green beans are great to use.