We are looking for passionate and dedicated coaches, who can deliver safe, fun, and inspiring sports sessions in schools and in the communities of Greater Bristol and Bath and North-East Somerset. Our coaches must share our commitment to using sport to help inspire young people to live “Active. Healthy. Happy” lives.
Working closely with our partner schools, the role will be primarily focussed on managing our day-to-day provision of PE and sport in several partner schools who are part of Forever Sport, our established and successful primary school coaching programme. As well as providing first class coaching, you will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the programme are delivered and communicated to the highest standards.
Alongside our Forever Sport specialist coaches, you will play a key role in helping children to fall in love with sport. The role also involves working with primary school teaching staff to enthuse, upskill, and develop their confidence to deliver first class curriculum PE. This role presents a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking charity that harnesses the power of sport to positively change lives.
What we expect from you:
- Hold at least one Level 1 UKCC coaching qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of coaching children.
- Have the right to work in the UK.
- A full valid UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- A passion for inspiring children to fall in love with sport and physical activity.
- The desire to support young people on both participation and performance pathways in sport.
- The ability to deliver a range of fun and engaging sports activities to school children.
- To inspire others with your energy, subject knowledge, and thirst for excellence.
- To always uphold professional standards and a can-do attitude.
- Be able to adapt and differentiate lessons to engage children of all ages and abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A growth mindset to challenge and develop yourself.
- To be conscientious, empathetic, and possess a strong work ethic.
- Establish positive working relationships with staff in schools and balance a determined application of the role with a sense of fun and enjoyment.
Our commitment to you:
- Competitive remuneration.
- A passionate, caring, and experienced team to work alongside.
- The equipment required to deliver first class sessions.
- Full BSF branded sports kit.
- Travel expenses.
- Two complimentary tickets per home game to see Bristol Bears and Bristol City FC.
- Regular team building, professional development, and social events.
- Career progression opportunities with BSF.
- A fantastic, spacious office at Ashton Gate Stadium.
Location: Offices based at Ashton Gate Stadium; however, coaching delivery will be in schools and leisure facilities throughout Greater Bristol and Bath and North-East Somerset.
Working hours: 35 per week. Mainly weekdays from 9am – 4.30pm with an unpaid lunchbreak.
Contract type: A fixed term contract until August 31st, 2022. This is 100% expected to be extended subject to performance and funding.
Salary: £18,000 – £21,000 dependent on level of qualifications, experience, and the strength of the application.
To apply: If you are interested in joining the Bristol Sport Foundation team, please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would like to be a Community Head Coach for the foundation to Tom Monks, Head of Programmes – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email if you require further information.
- Application deadline – Monday, January 31st.
- Shortlisted notified – Tuesday, February 1st.
- Practical coaching assessment – Thursday, February 3rd.
- Interview – Friday, February 4th.
- Start date – Monday, March 7th.