As a leading provider of school and community sport programmes, Bristol Sport Foundation (BSF) invites individuals of the highest calibre to apply to join our community coaching team. We are looking for passionate and dedicated coaches, who can deliver safe, fun, and inspiring sports sessions in schools and in the communities of Greater Bristol and Bath and North-East Somerset. Our coaches must share our commitment to using sport to help inspire young people to live Active. Healthy. Happy lives.
We have three exciting roles available, please see below:
- Community Tennis Coach
- Community Coach x 2
Working closely with our partner schools, you will play a key role in supporting children to fall in love with sport. The role will also involve working with primary school teaching staff to enthuse, upskill and develop their confidence to deliver first class curriculum PE. This role represents a unique opportunity to join a forward-thinking charity that harnesses the power of sport to positively change lives.
What we expect from you and your responsibilities:
- Hold at least a Level 1 UKCC coaching qualification (LTA for the Community Tennis Coach role)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of coaching children
- Have the right to work in the UK
- A full valid UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
- A passion for inspiring children to fall in love with sport and physical activity
- The ability to deliver a range of fun and engaging sports activities to school children
- To inspire others with your energy, subject knowledge, and thirst for excellence
- To always uphold professional standards and a can-do attitude
- Able to adapt lessons to engage children of all ages and abilities
- A growth mindset to challenge and develop yourself
- To be conscientious, empathetic, and possess a strong work ethic
- To continually monitor and evaluate all sessions and relationships with the aim of improving the quality, impact, and reputation of the Forever Sport programme
- To communicate regularly and effectively with schools, fellow coaches, your line manager, the operations team, and the head of programmes
- Establish positive working relationships with staff in schools and balance a determined application of the role with a sense of fun and enjoyment.
Our commitment to you:
- Competitive renumeration
- A passionate, caring, and experienced team to work alongside
- The equipment required to deliver first class sessions
- Full BSF branded sports kit
- Travel expenses
- Two complimentary tickets per home game to see Bristol Bears and Bristol City FC
- Regular team building, professional development, and social events
- Career progression opportunities with BSF
- A fantastic, spacious office at Ashton Gate Stadium.
Office based at Ashton Gate Stadium; however, coaching delivery will be in schools and leisure facilities throughout Greater Bristol and Bath and North-East Somerset.
35 per week. Mainly weekdays from 9am – 4.30pm with an unpaid lunchbreak.
A fixed term contract until August 31st, 2022. This is expected to be extended (subject to performance and funding).
£17,000 – £21,000 dependent on level of qualifications, experience, and the strength of the application.
If you are interested in joining the Bristol Sport Foundation team please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would like to be a coach for the foundation to Tom Monks, Head of Programmes email@example.com. Please email if you require further information.
- Application deadline – Monday, 29th March, 2022
- Shortlisted notified – Thursday, 31st March, 2022
- Practical coaching assessment – Week commencing, Monday 4th April, 2022
- Interview – Friday 8th April, 2022
- Start date – Monday, April 25th, 2022.